About Domeboro® Soothing Soak
Domeboro® is an advanced version of Burow’s Solution, which was created to relieve the itching and inflammation of minor skin irritations by surgeon and anatomist Karl August Burow. Dr. Burow was also the inventor of plastic surgery and wound healing techniques which are still in wide use today. Dome Laboratories, modified Burow’s Solution for the modern marketplace. Dome Laboratories specialized in creating and refining treatments for allergies and skin conditions. So if you’ve been wondering about our name: it’s a blend of Dome (Laboratories) and Boro (for Burow’s solution). It may sound a little funny, but is intended to honor Domeboro®’s creators and a long history of caring for and calming skin irritations and rash treatment.
Use Domeboro on skin irritation caused by:
- Plant Rashes: A red streaky rash with blisters that typically follows an encounter with poison Ivy, oak, or sumac.
- Jewelry: Contact dermatitis from jewelry, usually jewelry that contains nickel.
- Soaps & Detergents: Contact dermatitis and allergic reactions caused by detergents, soaps, and fragrances in cleaning products.
- Domeboro is also great for soothing the itch and burn of athlete’s foot…
VIew other product: Cooling Gel >
Active ingredients (in each packet)
Aluminum sulfate tetradecahydrate, 1347 mg Astringent*
Calcium acetate monohydrate, 952 mg Astringent*
*When combined together in water, these ingredients form the active ingredient aluminum acetate. See Directions.
For external use only
When using this product:
– Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
– Do not cover compress or wet dressing with plastic to prevent evaporation.
– In some skin conditions, soaking too long may overdry
Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than 7 days.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away.
– dissolve 1 to 3 packets in a pint (16 oz) of cool or warm water
– stir until fully dissolved; do not strain or filter. The resulting mixture contains 0.16% (1 packet), 0.32% (2 packets), or 0.48% (3 packets) aluminum acetate and is ready for use
For use as a soak:
– soak affected area for 15 to 30 minutes as needed, or as directed by a doctor
– repeat 3 times a day or as directed by a doctor
– discard solution after each use.
For use as a compress or wet dressing:
– soak a clean, soft cloth in the solution.
– apply cloth loosely to affected area for 15 to 30 minutes
– repeat as needed or as directed by a doctor
– discard solution after each use
– protect from excessive heat
Domeboro® astringent provides soothing, effective relieve of minor skin irritations For over 50 years, Domeboro® astringent has been trusted to help relieve minor skin irritations.
Questions or comments?